Keep it 100 Essex: Providing Information & Support to Under 25s

20th September 2021Community

Your support is vital in order to maintain the Keep it 100 Essex website and to continue providing support and valuable information to those under 25’s that so desperately are in need….. before it’s too late. The Only Sharp Weapon Anyone needs – is a Sharp Mind!The Keep It 100 motive is simple – they … Read More

Campaign celebrating community spirit launched in Chelmsford

4th January 2021Community

The huge upswell of community action in response to Coronavirus is being celebrated in a new campaign celebrating the Spirit of Chelmsford. Chelmsford CVS – the leading voluntary support organisation for the city and its surrounding areas – has launched the Spirit of Chelmsford, honouring the help given to our communities during the pandemic. The … Read More

All children need love and a child with disabilities is no different

23rd October 2020Community, News

You can enhance a child’s life from as little as a weekend a month alongside a full-time job to providing full-time foster care. Essex County Council best match children to your family, offer bespoke local training and 24/7 professional support. Nicola and Tony Hascomb say fostering a child with disabilities is the best thing they … Read More

Help shape the future of local democracy in Chelmsford

4th September 2020Community, News

A review is underway of the most local level of decision-making in Chelmsford. 62% of the population across Chelmsford have a parish or town council, as well as Chelmsford City Council and Essex County Council. The other 38% do not have that very local voice. Chelmsford City Council wants to hear your views, as part … Read More

Coronavirus Volunteers – Thank Yous!

24th August 2020Community, News

The Mayor of Chelmsford, Cllr Jude Deakin, surprised some local people in August with a doorstep visit to offer a personal thank you for volunteering for Chelmsford Community Resilience Hub. Hub volunteers were presented with letters from the Mayor and Lord Lieutenant, together with a card and specially designed Community Volunteer (CV) pin from Chelmsford … Read More

COVID-19: Support for Community Sports Groups & Organisations

1st May 2020Community

If you are a community sports club or organisation and require additional support during this unprecedented time, Active Essex has created a page on their website full of guidance and support for you. The page is being regularly updated and will have the most up to date information. You can find out about funding opportunities, … Read More

Annual Civic Service

14th June 2019Community

The Mayor of Chelmsford, Councillor Bob Massey would like to extend a warm invitation for you, your guest and as many members of your organisation to join him for the annual Civic Service at Chelmsford Cathedral on Sunday 30 June 2019 at 11.15am. Upon arrival at the Cathedral please enter through either the West or the South … Read More

Local Charities Day 2018

14th December 2018Community

Local Charities Day builds on the work of our recently published Civil Society Strategy, where the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) committed to enhancing relationships between businesses, charities and local areas, to help communities grow. This year, the DCMS are highlighting the importance of giving by encouraging people to pledge their time to a … Read More

Message from Roger Hirst PFCC for Essex – Policing Precept Survey

12th November 2018Community

Police funding is an important topic both nationally and particularly in Essex. There is always a demand for greater police visibility by the public. The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner has to set a budget for Essex Police that enables the Chief Constable to deliver the best possible policing service that the public of Essex … Read More