Chelmsford CVS is able to offer charities and community groups within the Chelmsford District help with your fundraising.
Whether your voluntary organisation needs just a few hundred pounds or thousands of pounds, this is the best place to start. Raising funds can be a daunting task. We don’t give out money or write the application for you, but we can give free access to tools, skills, tips and techniques that you can use to significantly improve your chances of fundraising success.
Funding & Development Support is available. Please call us on 01245 351888 to organise a meeting. We can guide you in assessing your fundraising needs, budget, and strategy. Including:
- Reviewing your draft funding application
- Providing policy templates
- Help you to develop robust monitoring
- Acting as your independent referee
- Issuing regular funding e-bulletins to CVS member groups, which include local, regional, and national opportunities
- We can offer free online access to over 4,000 trusts and foundations. If you would like to book an appointment to access this software please contact us on 01245 351888
- Subsidised training and Meet The Funder events
The CVS was previously funded by Big Lottery to offer intensive one-to-one fundraising support which directly facilitated local groups to raise in excess of £1.5 million of external funding. This funding has now ended but you can read more about the successes of the project here.
Since 2013, staff have been actively showcasing local voluntary and community action to local businesses. There are over 11,500 in Chelmsford and we want as many as possible to know about the work that local charities do and suggest ways that they can help with time, skills, resources and money too (if they are willing!).
We have taken up the licence to join the 4 Good family, and have launched Chelmsford 4 Good. The initiative won’t take away any great relationships that you may have already built with companies, but seeks to show others what can be done in small ways to give back to communities.
Any business can give; it’s just a matter of finding something that’s easy to broker. Chelmsford 4 Good is also a tried and tested way that smaller charities can operate an online ‘shop’ and claim gift aid.
To find out more information visit the Chelmsford 4 Good Website.