Since 2006, Chelmsford Star Co-operative has supported a different local charity each year to be the focus for staff fund raising. Over this time through a variety of initiatives and events, they have raised over £283,000 which has benefited the Essex Air Ambulance, Helen Rollason Heal Cancer, Little Havens Children’s Hospice, Macmillan Cancer Support, Families InFocus(Essex), Canine Partners, Essex Dementia Care, The J’s Hospice & MIND.
This year Chelmsford Star Co-operative are working with Kids Inspire.
How can you support?
- Donating to collecting tins at their many till points
- Donating 1p or more from your change at till points in their food stores
- Buying raffle tickets for prize draws offered in their stores throughout the year
- Buying tickets for events held in their department stores (see events)
How to become our Charity of the Year
If you are interested in applying to be Chelmsford Start Co-operative’s Charity of the Year partner please read the information below to ensure that you meet the criteria.
- You must be a bona fide charity with Essex coverage
- They raise on average £30,000 for their charity partner and you should provide information on a specific project they can help fund.
- They have over 45 branches from Braintree to Southend-on-Sea. You should be able to supply not only 150 collecting tins, but fund raising ideas and opportunities. You will be required to make contact with their individual stores and assist in local initiatives as and when required.
The selection process for 2017:
- Applications must be received by the Society by Sunday 12th February 2017.
- Up to 6 charities will be selected from the applications and invited to present in March.
- 3 charities will be short-listed and will go forward to the staff vote in April.
- The winning charity will be notified and introduced at Chelmsford Star Co-operative’s Annual General Meeting around May time.
How to apply
Interested parties for 2017 should email Pauline Dodd, President at email@example.com or write to her at 220 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0LS by 12th February 2017. A succinct summary (maximum of 2 pages of A4) of your charity’s work would be helpful including why your charity should be considered and what you require the funds for.