Part Time – Community Support Worker x 2 (Colchester, Chelmsford, Basildon – Essex)
Headway Essex – A Charity providing Brain Injury Care and Support is looking for experienced support workers to provide information, advice and support to people with acquired brain injury and their families in Essex. They are looking for two support workers to predominantly provide support in the North, Mid and South Essex areas and willing to provide additional cover throughout Essex.
Ideally you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Experience in a health/social care or related Charity sector
- Knowledge of brain injury
- Self motivated, approachable, influential and enthusiastic, with the ability to work independently as well as an effective member of a team
- Experience of goal setting and outcome measurement
- Experience of undertaking client assessments, reviews and accurate record keeping
- Experience of working with carers and families in a way that supports their needs
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate support group meetings
- Able to manage change effectively
- Effective time management and ability to work under pressure with competing priorities
- Methodical and organised approach to planning, implementation and record keeping for all activities
- Excellent IT skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities in practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations in which you will have the ability to impart information accurately and clearly
- Excellent listening skills
- Car owner and prepared to travel throughout Essex, for which a mileage allowance is paid in line with Headway Essex policy.
- Flexible approach to duties and working patterns to accommodate monthly evening support group meetings or occasional out of normal hours appointments.
This role will be office based with some flexibility to work from home. (The normal office hours are Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00)
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check.
You will be required to work 22.5 hrs per week which must be worked over a minimum of three days between the normal office hours.
Salary £18k pro-rata
Closing date for all applications 27th October
All applicants should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.