Action for Family Carers has received funding to provide a free, confidential counselling service where carers can receive individual counselling sessions from qualified counsellors in Essex.
Carers may wish to explore their feelings around:
• Transitions – going into care, beginning or end of caring role
• Depression, anxiety, worries or stress about the past, the present or the future
• Bereavement or other loss, there are many losses which can affect our lives
• Illness, accident or trauma
• Shyness, loneliness or difficulties in a social setting
• Relationship problems, anger, frustration, feeling pressured
All Counsellors working with AFFC are members of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) or equivalent and work within their Ethical Framework.
Sessions will last for one hour and be weekly for six weeks.
To find out more, please contact the Adult Carers Services Manager or team
on 01621 851640.
For further information on the counselling service, please see: AFFC Overview of service Counselling Service
Funded by: Essex Millennium Fund and Jerome Booth Charitable Trust.
Action For Family Carers
Brickhouse Farm, Poulton Close, Maldon, Essex,CM9 6NG
Tel: 01621 851640, Fax: 01621 874817
Action for Family Carers is a Registered Charity 1127164