THE QUALITY CARE COMMISSION NEED TO HEAR YOUR EXPERIENCES OF THE CENTRAL ESSEX COMMUNITY SERVIVES
Do you help service users to access the services provided by Central Essex Community Services? Do you accompany them to appointments or support them to use the health services? Do you receive feedback, comments or complaints about the services they have used? Then you can help by sharing your experiences and the experiences of your service users at this forthcoming focus group meeting.
Voluntary & Community Sector – CQC Focus group
Date: Thursday 9th January 2014
Venue: Chelmsford CVS – (Centre Supporting Voluntary Action) Burgess Well House, Coval Lane, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1FW
Time: 12 noon – 14:30
To book your place click here
then click on the “register now” button
To help the CQC build up a picture of the experiences of local people, we would like to invite local support groups and service user organisations to a CQC Inspection focus group where you can share your perspective on the experiences of your service users.
They want to hear:
- If your service users were treated with kindness and respect by all the staff they come into contact with;
- If the service was well organised;
- Whether the services they access felt ‘safe’ – this could include the environment / the clinical care / cleanliness / equipment / medicines / the behaviour of staff;
- Whether the services they received meet their treatment needs;
- Whether they felt that they were seen and supported as often as was needed; and
- Whether their views and/or the views of their carers were taken into account when planning treatment.
They would also like to know:
- If you would know how to make a complaint about a service on behalf of your service users or if you have ever advised your service users about making a complaint;
- If you have helped with making a complaint in the last 12 months and do you know if the views expressed were listened to and/or the complaint fully investigated?
The CQC Inspections are covering a wide range of services across the Central Essex Community Health Trust (see full list below) and would welcome feedback on any of them.
If you are unable to attend this Focus Group but would still like to share your experiences please email your comments – marked CQC ESSEX Inspections in the subject box of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Wednesday 8th January 2014 and they will ensure your comments are included in the feedback.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) will be inspecting Central Essex Community Health NHS Trust starting 20th January 2014. They need to hear from anyone who has recently used the following community health services within this Trust:
- Abbeyfields Clinic, Braintree
- Blandford Medical Centre, Braintree
- Blyth’s Meadow, Braintree
- Constable House, Braintree
- Millard House, Braintree
- NotleyGarden Surgery, Braintree
- Notley Secondary Speech and Language Centre, Braintree
- Oxley House, Black Notley, Braintree
- St Lawrence Surgery Braintree
- St Michael’s Hospital, Braintree
- Tabor House, Braintree
- The Gables, Braintree
- Tom Davies House, Braintree
- WilliamJulienCourtauldHospital, Braintree
- Woodlands, Braintree
- Burnham Surgery, Burnham-on-Crouch
- Clements House Surgery, South Woodham Ferrers Chelmsford
- Danbury Medical Centre, Danbury, Chelmsford
- Kestrel House, Chelmsford
- Moulsham Lodge Clinic, Chelmsford
- Norah Guilder House, Hatfield Peverel, Chelmsford
- South Woodham Ferrers Clinic, Chelmsford
- Springfield Green Clinic, Chelmsford
- Sidney House, Hatfield Peverel, Chelmsford
- Sutherland Lodge Surgery, Chelmsford
- Tennyson House Surgery, Chelmsford
- WaterhouseBusinessPark, Chelmsford
- Coggleshall Surgery, Coggleshall, Colchester
- Green Court, Colchester
- Harold Sims House, Colchester
- Western House, Colchester
- Gladys Malpass House, Halstead
- HalsteadHospital, Halstead
- Nash Court, Halstead
- Oak Yard Clinic, Halstead
- Park Court, Halstead
- Symonds Court, Halstead
- Bendyshe Court, Steeple Bumpstead, Haverhill Maldon
- Provide, St Peter’s Hospital, Maldon
- Tollesbury Surgery, Tollesbury, Maldon
- Fern House Surgery, Witham
- Powers Hall Infant Speech and Language Unit, Witham
- Rex Mott Court, Witham
- SouthviewSchool, Witham
- The Manors, Witham
Please note that *individuals can share their experiences in the following ways:
1. COMPLETE THE QUICK ON-LINE SURVEY by 8th January 2014. Simply click on the survey link and answer a few questions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XMWHPL2
2. RING THE CQC HELPLINE ON 03000 616161 between 8.30-5pm, Monday to Friday and ask to talk to someone about the inspection. Calls will be charged at the standard rate.
3. WRITE TO CQC by letter, addressed to CQC National Customer Service Centre, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA.
4. SEND AN EMAIL TO CQC, addressed to email@example.com.
Care Quality Commission will treat all information received confidentially, with care and sensitivity.
To find out more about our role as regulator or health and care services, visit www.cqc.org.uk.