Mid Essex Mind was established in 1974 and is affiliated to National Mind a leading mental health charity.
To view a copy of their latest newsletter see: Mid Essex Mind Newsletter April 2015 (5)
It is now one year since Mid Essex Mind began its working partnership with Mid Essex Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service to provide the Support Time and Recovery (STaR) service.
Mid Essex IAPT is a psychological therapies service designed to help people to manage everyday problems. IAPT can help people who are feeling anxious or stressed by helping them to understand why they are feeling this way, by exploring how what people are thinking and how they behave interacts with how they are feeling.
Help is offered in different ways:
- Phone support and guided self-help.
- Individual cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Courses for anxiety and depression based on cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Computerised cognitive-behavioural therapy.
- Referral to the Mid Essex Mind Support, Time and Recovery STaR Service.
STaR workers provide information, advice, guidance and practical support to people receiving support from the Mid Essex IAPT service.
STaR workers support people to access services, organisations and activities in their local communities across Mid Essex.
STaR workers offer help in different ways:
- Work related employment issues such as employment retention that includes working with the employee and the employer to achieve a successful outcome for both parties.
- Interview skills.
- Voluntary work.
- CV building.
- Further education and learning opportunities.
- Housing support to access social and supported housing entitlement.
- Finances approaching problems with benefits, debt management and budgeting.
- Feeling lonely and isolated introducing people to groups, activities and other organisations, projects and schemes running in their local community where they can share and discover interests, hobbies and enable people to socialise.
- Working in partnership with IAPT Therapist’s to provide person-centred exposure work.
- Working in partnership with IAPT Therapists to provide Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CCBT) calls.
- Additional support available to people who wish to self-refer to IAPT but find the thought of self-referral a daunting task.
Call the STaR Service to find out more on 01621 853211 or 01621 876717.
The IAPT and STaR Service are free of charge.
IAPT can be accessed via your GP or by self-referral to Mid Essex IAPT or by contacting the Mid Essex Mind STaR Service. Self-referral forms can be found online at www.hpft.nhs.uk and via hyperlink at www.mid-essex-mind.org.uk
Mid Essex Mind, Villa 1, St Peters Hospital, Spital Road, CM9 6EG
Mid Essex Mind is a registered Charity. Charity No. 1047965