Action for Family Carers is currently recruiting for:-
Macmillan Carers Service Manager
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, you will manage the Macmillan Carers Support service and team. The role will involve:
- Ensuring the service meets challenging performance targets and quality standards
- Demonstrating a positive impact for Carers of people at the end of life
- Managing and motivating the team
Based in Maldon, managing a team across Essex this post is fixed term until 31st March 2017. Salary £26,780 – £28,944, 35 hours per week (9am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday). Closing date for completed applications: 5pm on Thursday 9th April 2015.
Macmillan Carers Support Workers
Providing information, support and advocacy to Carers of people who are approaching end of life. The role will involve:
- Visiting Carers who are caring for people at the end of life
- Providing emotional and practical support
- Assisting with the completion of forms (e.g. welfare benefits applications, Macmillan grants)
- Liaising and working in partnership with external organisations
Several posts are available within the Essex area. These posts are fixed term until 31st March 2017. Salary: £20,685 – 21,946 pro rata 21 – 35 hours per week negotiable (9am – 4.30pm, weekdays). Closing date for completed applications: 5pm on Thursday 9th April 2015.
Carers 18+ Carer Hospital Support and Liaison Workers – Working in Essex with Adult
The role will deliver a high quality support service:
- Identifying and supporting Adult Carers of adult patients at the hospital
- Providing information, signposting and advocacy
- Promoting informed choices, access to services and Carers rights & entitlements
Various posts available at 35 hours per week. These posts are fixed term contracts until 31st March 2017. Location: acute hospitals in Essex (Harlow, Colchester, Basildon). Salary: £20,685 – £21,946 (Band 6). Closing date for completed applications: 10th April 2015.
Adult Carers Support & Development Workers – Working with unpaid Carers aged 18+
The role will deliver a high quality support and community development service:
- Identifying and supporting Adult Carers of adults in the local community and support them through their caring journey
- Reducing inappropriate hospital and residential care admissions
- Building Carer Friendly Communities
- Improving access to all services, training, education and leisure opportunities
- Helping Adult Carers to fulfil their potential by individual, tailored support plans
- Promoting Carers rights and entitlements
Various posts available ranging from 20 to 35 hours per week. These posts are fixed term contracts until 31st March 2017. Location: Pan Essex (head office in Maldon, satellite office in Harlow). Starting Salary: £17,325 – £18,375 pro rata. Closing date for completed applications: 16th April 2015.
To view the full Application Pack, Job Description and Person Specification for all of the above opportunities please see http://www.affc.org.uk/affc-vacancies.htm#msw