Part Time – Community Support Worker (Essex)
Headway Essex – A Charity providing Brain Injury Care and Support is looking for an experienced support worker to provide brain injury information, advice and support to adults with acquired brain injury, their families and carers in Essex. You will predominantly be supporting people who live in the Central and South Essex areas (e.g. Chelmsford, Basildon, Witham, Uttlesford) and willing to provide additional cover throughout Essex when required. Please note this is not a personal care role.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Working in the field of brain injury (training will be provided)
- Working in a health/social care or related Charity sector
- Undertaking client risk and needs assessments and reviews
- Goal setting and outcome measurement
- Maintaining and keeping accurate records and reports
- Signposting, Benefits and networking
- Leading and co-ordinating support group meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations
- Ability to impart information accurately and clearly
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective member of a team
- Self motivated, approachable, influential and enthusiastic
- Excellent listening skills
- Effective time management and ability to work under pressure with competing priorities
- Methodical and organised approach to planning, implementation and record keeping
- Excellent IT skills
It is essential that you:
- Are a car owner and are prepared to travel throughout Essex, for which a mileage allowance is paid in line with Headway Essex policy.
- Have a flexible approach to duties and working patterns to accommodate monthly evening support group meetings or occasional out of normal hours appointments.
This role will be office based in Benfleet with some flexibility to work from home. (The normal office hours are Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00)
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check.
You will be required to work 22.5 hrs per week which must be worked over a minimum of three days (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) between the normal office hours.
Salary £18k pro-rata
All applicants should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.