Kids Inspire ~ Family Bridges Project in Chelmsford, Essex
- Families of children with complex social, emotional and behavioural needs who have difficulty accessing services.
- Children and Young People who:
- Have experienced Trauma
- Live within a household where adult mental health issues impede personal development
- Live with Domestic Abuse (past present)
- Find it difficult to express their feelings
- ‘Act out’ aggressively
- Have had involvement with social care
Family Bridges Therapy Offers:
- Focus on what it means to live in an environment of aggression and violence.
- Explores challenges family members face.
- Family members an understanding of the emotions that lie behind violent behaviour and make sense of their relationships.
- De-escalation is taught to prevent family breakdown.
- Involves families in workshop design, development/delivery.
- Changes family dynamics – teaching parent skills of empathic communication for addressing complex family patterns.
- Semi-structured programme of workshops enabling flexibility and adaptability to respond to changes, to individual participants’ needs.
- Increasing autonomy: empowering parents/carers/children to engage proactively in Encounter Centred Therapy, which by its nature teaches participants to facilitate their own outcomes, moving away from service-led delivery.
- Ten therapeutic workshops, delivered to groups of six Children and Young People, determined by age and/or gender.
- Five therapeutic workshops, delivered to groups of up to twelve parents/carers, determined by the makeup of the children’s groups.
- Six hours of parent/child work learning Encounter Centred Therapy.
Referral forms can be requested by contacting email@example.com
For a copy of the Criteria document, click here: Family Bridges Criteria
For a copy of the Family Bridges Referral form, click here: Referral Form Family Bridges (2)
Please gain consent from the family before making the referral.
Funded by Essex County Council
For further information:
firstname.lastname@example.org 01245 348707
Kids Inspire, Head Office, Fox Crescent, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2BL