Centre Supporting Voluntary Action is an independent support and development organisation (sometimes called CVS) set up to champion, support and strengthen local charities, voluntary and community groups. As a local charity ourselves, we:
- Believe that voluntary and community action is essential for vibrant and caring local communities.
- Offer specialist information and support to enable local people to develop the skills needed to run successful voluntary groups.
- Spread good practice, encourage joint working, and discourage duplication of effort
- Help groups to find funding and make effective use of resources.
- Encourage local people to make changes in their local community by getting involved in voluntary and community action.
- Working with a variety of partners, develop and host local projects to help strengthen communities and meet identified need.
- Promote equality and diversity by fostering a wider understanding of the needs of disadvantaged and under-represented groups.
- Help public bodies to engage effectively with local voluntary organisations and community groups.
- Ensure policy makers understand the needs of local voluntary organisations and community groups.
Click here to download a leaflet with more information.
To find out more about what CVS do, click this link.