Local Focus, National Voice
Centre Supporting Voluntary Action (Chelmsford CVS) is a member of NAVCA, the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action.This means that we are part of a network that is in touch with over 160,000 local charities, voluntary and community groups across the country NAVCA believes that voluntary and community action is vital for vibrant and caring communities. They work to influence national and local government policy to strengthen this local action.
NAVCA supports the Centre with networking opportunities, specialist advice, support, policy information and training, and acts as our bridge between local groups and national government.
Research shows support from NAVCA members key to local charities’ success
NAVCA has published its analysis of the 2010 National Survey of Charities and Social Enterprises the largest ever survey of the sector. It shows that the support of NAVCA members – local CVSs – makes a real difference to the prospects of local charities.
Their funding applications are more likely to succeed and they have a greater influence over local decisions. It also shows NAVCA members have a vital role in supporting groups working in the most deprived areas.
Charities and voluntary organisations helped by NAVCA members are:
- Twice as likely to be successful in winning local funding
- Twice as likely to be successful in winning national funding.
- More likely to feel they can influence local decisions.
- More likely to recognise that local statutory bodies positively influence their success.
- Feel more valued by statutory bodies.
- More likely to be consulted on issues of interest by local statutory bodies.
- More likely to be informed on issues of interest by local statutory bodies.
- More likely to work and support the most deprived communities.
For more information on visit: www.navca.org.uk